Saturday, 10 March 2012
Thursday, 8 March 2012
This is a favourite place of mine for taking sunset photographs. The treeline I find very interesting. I took this photo with my phone, as a keen photographer I have to say that these phones are capable of some really good pictures, they are much lighter to carry around than a DSLR too.
Tuesday, 17 January 2012
Monday, 24 October 2011
Are we the only people that this happens to? Arriving at a new location, (bearing in mind that we never use commercial or club sites) and given the choice, I take into account many things, some of which are.................
- The points of the compass, because I like the sun to shine on the door.
- Wind direction, because I don't like the wind on the door.
- The landscape, we like to have a pleasant view.
- The proximity of trees, we don't want heavy rain water or branches drumming on the roof.
- The location of other trucks or caravans. I like to have some space, nor do I want to disturb other people.
So with all of these things in our thoughts, we choose our preferred pitch. I don't care about the proximity of hook ups, water supplies or waste disposal points etc. We settle in, take in the surroundings and relax to enjoy our new view. I could almost bet a months pension on it, that soon after we are sorted, another outfit arrives and no matter if the site is huge, comes and parks either right next to us or right in front of our view. What are they doing? Why do they do that?.........Invading our newly found haven! Yes; I know that we are on a touring site and all have the same right to use it. It is funny though, how we become somewhat possessive of our temporary space or am I getting grumpy? Sorry.