Thursday 1 October 2009

More things that have kept me busy

In addition to the items that I posted yesterday, I have some more, should you be interested. The first picture is of a couple of leather knife sheaths that I made. I like knives (quality ones that is) and I have quite a collection. These two knives I bought second hand, on separate occasions and neither one had a sheath, so I designed and made a couple using a piece of thick saddlery leather that I bought for fifty pence at a car boot sale, once I had cut them out I hand stitched them using some waxed linen thread that I again bought from a car boot sale. I made the small sheath first just to see if I could do it then the larger one once I was happy. Don't ask me why I like knives, I have no desire to do a Rambo impersonation or anything, I think it is the feel of something well made that attracts me, rather like marine boat fittings and climbing equipment. Anyway, there they are, no one is ever likely to see them for real as I keep them locked in a safe, out of harms way.








The next item that I have posted uses the silver fork that I picked up at a car boot sale in Portmadog last Sunday for twenty pence and a short piece of driftwood fencing that I salvaged from the beach near Criccieth. In case you have no idea what it is, let me tell you. It is a tea towel hook. The wood is mounted on the wall and the towel hung from the fork handle. I'm sorry if you do not like it, I thought that it was a bit of a novelty.
Finally, here is a work in progress, another piece of drift wood that I have begun to whittle. I will not divulge what it is intended to be, like most of the items here I have never made one of these before so I don't know quite how it will turn out, we shall just have to wait and see but I think it will take many more hours yet.



No comments:

Post a Comment