Wednesday 17 March 2010

The Long Mynd



For the last couple of weeks, this has been the view that we have had the pleasure of waking up to. We have been staying with a friend of my brothers, in a village not far from Churchstoke in Shropshire. With the exception of walking we have been quite idle except for the last couple of days. The recent warmer weather has prompted some much needed spring cleaning of the truck interior. We have stripped off all of the upholstery and washed it, removed the winter carpet and replaced it with a new one, cleaned all of the walls and ceiling and touched up a few small areas of chipped varnish. Recently, on my morning walks with Meg I have noticed an increase in birdsong, yesterday, I saw a red kite and I noticed that the crows have begun nest building, so at last it seems like winter is fading a little and I for one, will not be sad to see the back of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment