Tuesday 16 November 2010

Misty morning

We are back in the midlands and have been for about a week, there is not much happening so we are just kicking back as we prepare for Christmas. Most of my time has been spent making more gifts, it has so far been a very useful exercise because I have made items that I perhaps would not otherwise have tried. Last Sunday we turned out for the local Remembrance Parade, which sadly I found a little disappointing. The only serving military presence was two army officers, with the majority of the parade made up by children of the cadet forces, scouts and guides etc. Not a good example to the youngsters I thought.

Due to the increased frequency of frosty mornings I have fitted some carpet in the truck, it takes the edge off placing feet on the cold cushion floor when getting out of bed and scraping ice from the inside of the windscreen yesterday, spurred me into repairing the ageing external thermal screen cover which we made about three years ago.


I am not one for lying in bed, even in the winter when it is cold and dark and this morning was no exception. No more than five minutes walking and I caught this chap just as the sun was rising at the start of a lovely day. I walked for about a mile or so before turning back towards the truck, this is the view that I returned to.





No comments:

Post a Comment