Wednesday 8 July 2009

Light Show




Last Friday we left Criccieth and made our way North to Caernarfon, we spent last weekend there and had a very enjoyable time. We went to the North Wales agricultural show and stayed at Bethel overnight. There was not anywhere that I could fish so the camera was put to much use. Sunday we had a look at Llanrwst and met up with our Dutch friends, Willem and Wilhelmina. We agreed to move to the coast just south of Caernarfon and spend a little time together. So over the last few days I have done a little walking with Willem and I have tried to fish but with no success. The weather has been mixed but warm with significantly more rain than we have grown accustomed to of late.





Whilst walking the other day, I came across these two, I haven't seen them for years. I remember when we were small, we used to catch a few of these pretty little moths and keep them in a jam jar, with a lid made of paper full of pin holes and held on with a rubber band. My Mom didn't like the little critters that we would bring home and usually made us keep them outside. That of course was before Nintendo and other modern wizardry.



















I love the skies here, I have hundreds of photographs of them that I have shot over the years, I would be hard pressed to find a favourite but it is not just the colours, the sky seems so big. So, it has been a very relaxing week but I fear with the school summer holidays rapidly approaching it will soon become very busy and it may be time to get the wheels rolling once more.

No comments:

Post a Comment