Wednesday 4 November 2009

Moochin' about

Tuesday we went for a little mooch about Stockport, our friend Andy took us there in his car, the weather was not good and our hearts were not in it. As a result, we did not stay long. I have no wish to offend anyone, but it really is not my kind of place, too busy by far.


Wednesday we went to Hebden Bridge and had a mooch around there. We spent a good deal of time at the flea market, where I bought a couple of old tools. We thought it to be a lovely old town with loads of character. We bought a hot pork pie from a local bakery which we ate "on the hoof" and thoroughly enjoyed before walking along the Rochdale canal back to the site.
All of the boats in these pictures were being lived in, some had clearly not moved in years. I have to say, I for one, would not mind joining them, unfortunately Pat does not like water.

No comments:

Post a Comment