Friday 6 November 2009

What Car?


Sadly our brief stay in Yorkshire comes to an end and I have to say a big thank you to our friends Andy and Pip who have been fantastic hosts, they have fed us, entertained us and chauffeured us around. Unfortunately, when they ordered the weather, they got the dates wrong. Yesterday, I went along with Andy to walk the dogs, it was rather wet but I enjoyed the scenery. That was after we had ransacked Todmorden flea market and collected a couple of goodies to help with the ballast.
Sadly, my footwear was not really the best for plodging around the very wet landscape I would love to have walked for longer.










This northern landscape of crags and ghosts of industry, has an attraction for me that I find difficult to explain, I am sure that we will return, hopefully in the not too distant future, any way, we have to, because the pies are magic.

Today, our hosts took us to Ramsbottom, a town that I have never heard of, but we had great time and ate what has to be, one of the best servings of fish and chips that I have eaten for a long time. Whilst there, we visited the local "Morrisons", Andy parked the car next to a small blue car that had a couple of modifications, one of which I don't recall having ever seen before. In the rear of the car was a pile of old polythene bags, the rear wings of the car were heavily splattered with mud, the screen, bonnet and wipers were sprinkled with straw and right in the centre of the bonnet was a lump of sheep shit.
I had to take a picture, at which point Andy said, "Do you know what this car is?.......it's a Turdbo" Thanks for having us, Tarra.



No comments:

Post a Comment