Wednesday 23 June 2010

Flushing out a breakfast


After a while near Oswestry we have now moved to the Wrexham area, not far I know, but it is a change of scenery if nothing else. This morning I had a little walk around and took a few pictures. Behind the truck is a walled garden to the old farm house and we are surrounded by open rolling fields.






At the corner of the walled garden is an old summer house, derelict now, but I would love to have seen it when it was in use.





As I wandered around I kept thinking that there had to be some fruit trees here, they did not keep walled gardens for nothing. I heard a couple of blackbirds having a right squabble and so looked in their direction, there, hanging over the wall and heavily laden, was a cherry tree. The next ten or fifteen minutes saw me filling my pockets with a free feast, Pat came along in her pyjamas to help and together we raided the blackbirds larder. Shame we didn't have any cream, but they were very nice, none the less.
We sat around as we filled our bellies and lazily enjoyed the early morning sunshine before taking a shower. With our ablutions complete, Pat set about cleaning and drying the shower, she called me in, "Have a look at this" she said. She had removed the toilet roll dispenser and beneath it, in the plastic housing was a substantial amount of water. "Where has this come from?" she asked. Well, I had no idea. For the next half an hour or so, she soaked up the water with a sponge and gradually emptied it into a bowl. "Do you know?" she said, "I had two bowls full of water from there" With everything back together, I needed the loo as the three earlier cups of coffee were flowing through my system. I tried to flush the loo but the tank was now dry. "Strange?" I thought, "it was full first thing". I filled up a water container from the tap and emptied it into the tank, which in, effect is a cistern. While I was doing that, Pat had removed the loo roll holder and was looking inside, "You know what?" she said, "I've just soaked up the contents of the cistern with a sponge". Oh well, it passed the time a little eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment