Monday 27 December 2010

The "Santa run"



With the festive feasting all but finished for a while I thought that I would write a few words. We both had the Christmas that we wanted, (as I hope you did too) quiet, but also with some time with our loved ones. This is the scene that we woke to here in rural Staffordshire, a crisp -10 degrees Celsius, absolute stillness and not a machine could be heard to spoil the silence. After walking Meg along the river bank we loaded up the car and set off on the "Santa run". Our family all live quite close by (within 15 miles) and so it wasn't long before we were looking at their happy smiling facing. I suppose we spent about an hour or so in the homes of each of our daughters, getting spoilt and bombarded with the excited chatter of the children. As always, we were presented with some lovely, thoughtful gifts for which we would like to thank them all very much. The thing that gave me personally the most pleasure was the giving of the gifts that I had spent weeks making and whilst they may not be adorned with those desirable designer labels or high price tags there is much love and respect in every hand stitch that I made. Girls, I do hope they are ok.
So, with Santa's sacks all now empty and my heart filled with contentment, we returned to the truck where we opened our gifts to each other before Pat set about the cooking of the most delicious Christmas dinner. Thank you all, so very, very much.

1 comment:

  1. Pleased you like one of the bags...but I'm sorry, you can't have one. They are not for sale.

    ReplyDelete