Sunday 28 February 2010

Keeping busy



The annual MOT test for the truck is looming and for me, that is like waiting to have teeth pulled, but, I have looked the old girl over and now we will just have to wait and see what happens at the end of the week.



Meanwhile I have been making a few items out of some leather scraps, trying out my new carving tools and mallet. I haven't had too many disasters and generally I have been pleased with the results. Each new piece that I have made I have learned a little bit more and slowly got a little more ambitious, heaven know where this will all end, but at the moment I am really enjoying learning this oldest of crafts. My daughters and granddaughters have all been impressed with the hair slides and my eldest daughters "Yorkie" is wearing his new bespoke collar. I don't know what to make next but I am sure that something will come to mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment