Sunday 14 February 2010

The good old days?

There is little for me to write about at present, we have not moved for weeks, things have slowed down to a crawl while we wait patiently for the onset of spring. Maybe this is not a bad thing but it does cause my mind to wander and reflect on things that were all but forgotten, you know, "The good old days" and it is this reflection that can occasionally get me down. It is said that you only remember the good times, and I am sure this is true, thankfully, over the years, there have been many good times for me, but my memory disturbed me and caused a little discontent. So yesterday in an attempt to overcome any dissatisfaction I was feeling, I looked hard at our current lifestyle and the benefits that it has brought us. First of all is our health, so much better now that all of the daily stress of working has gone. Secondly is the freedom of choice, for the most part we do whatever we like, whenever we like, wherever we like, within the confines of the law of course. Thirdly, is our closeness to nature, surrounded by open countryside, the wildlife and that peaceful, easy feeling that goes with it. So, given the choice, would I go back to those "good old days" that sometimes tug gently at my mind?..................Not a bloody chance. I know just how lucky we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment