Friday 20 August 2010

More leather stuff



Recently Pat discovered a leather merchant in Skipton, North Yorkshire, so one day last week we took a mad dash up the motorway to see what they had on offer. We left with enough leather to keep me busy for a while, the truck weight was up and my wallet weight was seriously down. Over the last week I have been having a little go at making some different bits, I began with a couple of simple belts. The top belt is made so that the buckle can be changed therefor there is no stitching. I then had a go at a small hand bag, very plain but functional. I have to say this was a bit of an experiment to see if I could get the pattern right. It is my intention to make some more elaborate bags in the future with a little carving or tooling for decoration. Finally, over the last couple of days or so, I made a carved and tooled belt, it may seem a small item but it took more time than anything that I have made so far.


I need a spot of fishing now, got to have a rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment