Tuesday 29 September 2009

Taking it easy

Hi,for the last week we have been taking things easy, making the most of the warm autumn days. From Tuesday to Sunday last week the truck did not turn a wheel, we found more than enough to keep us occupied right where we are. I have fished every day at some point and some days have been more successful than others, still nothing that you could class as "pan size" though. I hooked one fish that I found very difficult to remove the hook from so now I have taken to removing the barbs from the hooks, as a result, I have lost a few fish. I don't mind though, it is better than doing damage from which the fish may never recover.
Sunday morning we were on the road early, to Portmadog. We went to the car boot sale and picked up a few bits and pieces. I bought an old silver dinning fork, I had an idea for making a towel hook with it. I bought a new fly reel with three spools and Pat picked up some bits for Christmas presents. Minutes after our return to the camp site, our friends Sandy and Maureen came, it was good to see them. Pat cooked a really tasty chicken dinner (as she always does) which everyone seemed to enjoy. We chatted and laughed, put the world to rights and all too quickly it was time for them to leave. Monday we had a long walk, down to the sea and along the beach, we collected some drift wood and watched the sea birds. The great thing about the coast at this time of year is that it is so quiet, we did not see a living sole other than a man in a fishing boat far from the shore.
It is early here, about 0800 hours and I have just watched a buzzard fly up the river skimming the water and dodging the over hanging tree branches, not twenty feet away from the truck. I have never viewed a buzzard from above before, what a good start to the day.
I am sensing that Pat is getting itchy feet again, so I wouldn't be surprised if we are on the move before much longer, personally I could stay here indefinitely. Be good, be happy. See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment