Sunday 3 January 2010

The Feel Good Factor


I didn't really know what to write in my first entry of a new year and like most days, on new years day I saw the sunrise, it was much the same as many that I have seen and it wasn't until about an hour later that I realised that it was the first day of a new year and also a new decade. So, I thought that I would post my first picture of the year. I was eager to get out for a walk while the world was still hung over and so after walking the dog and taking a few photographs, that is exactly what I did. I invited our friends and current neighbours to join me, which they were keen to do and off we went for a couple of hours. It was a lovely day to be out and the "Feel good factor" that I always get when walking was stronger than ever and just lately I had missed it. Since the age of about twelve I have walked for recreation, I don't know why and I have walked thousands of miles over hills, mountains and moors, in snow, wind, rain and sunshine and I never get tired of it. Our new years day excursion was quite short, about five miles, only about two miles of which were new ground for me, but I enjoyed every step. As we approached the awning on the van I heard the gentle "ding" of a bell, it was the timer on the electric oven and unzipping the doorway I was greeted by the mouthwatering smell of fresh baking. Pat then opened the truck door and taking the hot baking out of the oven offered us all coffee and quiche. For the next five minutes I sat not just eating but refueling, it was gorgeous and thinking what a fantastic way to start a new year. Wondering, how come, I have never completed a walk of any length, in any weather and not really enjoyed myself?

No comments:

Post a Comment