Saturday 29 May 2010

Some new bits that I made


The last couple of weeks have been a little disjointed but I have still managed to keep myself busy. Although I don't post pictures of them all on here I am constantly thinking about things to make and trying new ideas. So here are some of the things that I have come up with recently. I am trying to learn traditional methods of stitching leather and it takes much practice, I haven't perfected it yet and I imagine that it will take a while, but for me, it is both absorbing and rewarding, even if it makes my shoulders ache a little. The top three pieces are credit/membership card holders and the bottom three are simple purses. Being now, a much maligned smoker I also had to have a go at a couple of tobacco pouches. I try hard to make items of high quality and so, on all of these items the leather is a good deal thicker and more durable than most similar items I have seen in shops, for this reason I do not line the inside, as the leather will long outlive any suitable lining material I can think of. When each piece is complete, I give it a good polish with beeswax to help protect it from damp and dirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment