Monday 31 May 2010

Bootyfull

For many years we have been avid car boot goers and we have nearly always returned home with some real bargains, yesterday was such a day. In order to bag the best deals, experience has taught us to arrive early. Very early. So on Sunday I got out of bed at 04:20am. and by 5:30am. we were on our way to a large car boot sale that is several miles away. The weather had clearly had an impact, with sellers arriving but being reluctant to set up their stalls in case it rained. For an hour or two we wandered around thinking that we were not going to find much, but by 09:00am I had a bag full of bits and was very happy with my haul. I have difficulty buying leather craft tools, it is a dying skill and I have only ever found two outlets in the UK that sell them. You can imagine my delight upon seeing an old boxed set of leather tools, complete with storage rack lying underneath a table. Clutching the box in an iron grip, I enquired about the price and for just £3:00, the tools now belonged to me, I knew that I had bagged a real bargain. On my return to the truck I checked my leather craft catalogue and pricing each item individually it came to a total of around £137:00. The previous week, I paid £7:50 for a pair of neoprene, chest waders, made by a well known manufacturer, still in the original box and completely unmarked, what's more, they were in my size. Checking on the Internet revealed that the current price for these waders was £89:99. So for £10:50 I had purchased about £227:00 worth of goods, worth getting out of bed for I feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment