Saturday 14 February 2009

Fantastic camera

I first became aware of this whilst reading one of the many excellent books by Mr. Scot Kelby.Thankfully, there have been occasions, when showing some of my photographs that I have received praise, sometimes for taking a "nice" picture, sometimes because I own such a good camera. It is the latter that disturbs me. These people have no idea, it is of course the camera that captures the image but it is the person behind the camera that sets and gets the shot. Often this can take hours of preparation, a long walk, getting up at ridiculous hours and a good deal of patience, not to mention the less fruitful forays where it just did not work. So, before you say to a photographer, "You must have a really good camera" think on. Would you say to a water colourist "You must have some cracking paint brushes" or to a mechanic "Your spanners must be fantastic"? Of course not, it would sound so ridiculous.

Here is a picture of my cousin, on a day when I accompanied him on a shoot for some documentary photographs for the RSPB.
Fantastic camera Graham! Like the hat too.




No comments:

Post a Comment