Wednesday 29 April 2009

Back to Criccieth

Yesterday we made a visit to the car boot sale at Y Felin (Valley), but it was not very good. We did a load of washing at the local launderette and later we drove back to Criccieth. The journey takes about an hour and the driving is fairly relaxed, we arrived here just after midday. The site is quiet at the moment but we anticipate that it will get busy for the weekend. I have had a little wander around with the camera but I can see that I will have to put in more effort.
Right from the word go this morning, we had the sound of rain falling on the roof of the truck, as the day got longer the rain got heavier. Meg would not get up for a walk and the mist would not leave the windscreen. The River Dwyfach, which is no more than ten feet away from us, began rising steadily. I could tell this was concerning Pat as she kept me posted with a running commentary on it's height and speed. I had time, time to sit and just think as I so often do, from the tragic killing of a young four year old girl who was murdered in the night near Liverpool, the child's mother has been arrested, to the soldiers to whom we owe our freedom. I felt such great sadness for them all, children, mothers and soldiers who could no longer enjoy life. In turn this made me remember people that were once close to me, soldiers, friends and of course family. So I set about some photographic manipulation that has been in my head for some time.
I had seen something similar whilst studying photographic techniques and wanted to create my own version. The picture is made up using four separate images, I had them all, with the exception of the soldier. I collected this final picture in Pwllheli last week when we went with Ian and Maria. It is a photograph of a war memorial that stands overlooking the harbour. I hope that you like it, we owe them all so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment