Monday 27 April 2009

More meetings

As I suspected, we have met up with loads of friends here at Holyhead, from all over the country and all walks of life. One, (Colin) even gave us some fish to eat, bless him. We have not moved a great deal, but then we seldom do. Holyhead is our maritime observation post, we have the Irish sea 50 meters to our left and the marina 50 meters to our right, we really enjoy it. All day, every day there is something to watch in the harbour. The bird life has been pretty good too, we have seen wheatears, swallows, oystercatchers, herons to name but a few, but the highlight of the stay so far, has to be a snow bunting. I have never seen one before but it was so bold that I got within about ten feet of it. I decided not to fish, I don't think that I could stand much more ribbing on the subject for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment