Friday 17 April 2009

Fish Fingers

For the last four days I have been fishing every day, I have fished high tide, low tide, ebb tides and flood tides, over sand, over rock and over weed. I have used live baits, frozen baits, dried bates and countless lures and the only fish meal I have eaten is fish fingers. How on earth people can get so enthusiastic about fishing I don't know. I will not give up, but my patience is being tested. On a positive note, today as we walked the 11/4 miles to the sea, I discovered a large patch of wild garlic which I intend to revisit and harvest a little. If the leaves are eaten rather than the cloves, the taste is said to be very mild so I have to give it a go. I believe that the leaves can also be dried and stored for future use or preserved in oil. I know that damsons grow here also and in great quantity, but it is way too early for those yet. It has been another good day, despite the lack of fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment