Thursday 23 April 2009

Still fish free

Well our diet is still fish free, it's a good job that we have some money in our pocket. I have no idea where the fish are at the moment but they will not be tempted by my efforts. Never mind, newspaper doesn't taste too bad. On Monday we were met by our dear friends Andy and Pip, who also own a motor home. We first met them about two years ago, whilst on the road at Towyn and we just hit things off and so we have been in contact ever since. It was great to see them both, it has been the best part of a year since we last said farewell. With Andy's expert guidance, I had several sessions hunting the trout but he says that I am a jinx. Also, whilst getting in some provisions from Porthmadog on Monday I was wandering about and thinking of some friends (Adrian and Joyce) that moved to the area ten years ago. I used to work with Adrian and we go back thirty years or so. Whilst stood in the queue to pay in Wilkinson's, I handed my payment to Joyce who is now working there. How amazing is that?
Shopping traumas complete, we made our way back to the truck and walked passed a large camping and outdoor clothing shop. You can imagine my amusement when I looked at a stack of boxed, inflatable, two man dinghies and read the words.......DANGER, CHOKING HAZARD. I turned to Pat and said "I would expect some breathing difficulty if I stuffed one of those in my mouth eh" Are we really so dumb?
Anyway, on Wednesday we made a further trip to Porthmadog with Andy and Pip. As we walked across the car park of the afore mentioned shop, I heard someone pipping a car horn. I turned to check what danger was imminent and saw that it was Adrian waving and beaming a huge smile. Well, he looked so good, it is like he has "de-aged" ten years. We chatted and laughed in the middle of the car park for quite a while before he had to leave for work. It was really good to see him again.
Sadly, Andy and Pip had business to sort in Towyn and so first thing (07:00hrs) they departed and left us with a campsite to ourselves and a promise to join up with us again soon. Pat wanted to have a change of scenery, so we headed up coast and soon landed at Holyhead once again. I wonder who we will bump into here, and I bet they wont smell of fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment