Tuesday 1 December 2009

Back in Staffordshire

The last couple of weeks there has been little to report. It seems the day that we left Yorkshire was the beginning of the monsoon season and our week at Wrexham was wet to say the least. Fortunately, as I said before, we were pitched on hard standing and so did not have to be towed off site like the rest of the vans. From Wrexham we returned to Staffordshire and spent some time with the family. I do enjoy seeing the family, in fact, not being near them is the hardest part of full timing for me. So we are now at one of our favourite sites, it is not too far from the family and is as pleasant as you can get. We have not done much to prepare for Christmas, in fact, each year the festive season becomes much more of a chore and much less of a pleasure. Humbug! I am quite looking forward to a spot of fishing, maybe some bird watching and who knows what else. I have today put out some bird feeders and cleaned the binoculars ready for action. Today, whilst in Lichfield I bought an old folding knife from a stall on the market, I know that I will get great pleasure from cleaning it up and making it serviceable once more. Over the last couple of weeks we have watched more TV than we have for years, I have set up the digital box and we have both enjoyed some of the documentaries that have recently been shown.

No comments:

Post a Comment