Wednesday 9 December 2009

A Christmas Wish

Well, there are only about two weeks until Christmas and it is a time of year that I always have some difficulty with. I detest the mayhem of the shops and the buying for the sake of it, the TV adverts that apply emotional pressure and the loan companies that feed on the struggles of the less fortunate. I never know how to deal with it all, I want it to be a happy time for my loved ones and everyone else but how can it be done? So often in the past, I have tried to please everyone and as a result Christmas has been such an anti-climax. What a shame, that so often Christmas causes much upset when the intentions are all so good. What is the answer? I don't have a clue.
I do have one wish for Christmas though, so Santa if you are about.............How about making it one day, that no children in the world cry with tears of pain, fear or hunger.

No comments:

Post a Comment