Sunday 27 December 2009

Thank you ladies for Christmas

I feel that I must say thank you to the women of the world, without who's tremendous efforts, Christmas would become a forgotten tradition. The anticipation of Christmas changed dramatically for me when our girls had grown up and left home. Instead of looking forward to the great wonder in the faces of the children I began to wonder "Why bother any more". Sadly, this year was no different and the pre-Christmas weeks have been a real struggle for me. It is not so much the financial side of things, it is the work, the hunting for gifts, the street fighting with other shoppers, the parking wars and the intrusion in my ears of those same nauseating songs every where I go and so, each excursion becomes more of a chore. It is of course, much the same, for women but with great determination they battle on, slowly, ticking items off lists, undeterred by the moaning of men and their accumulation of "Humbugs!" As Christmas gets nearer I get more agitated and despondent, but the women get more focused increasing their drive and efforts to succeed. Then on the arrival of the big day, everything comes together, most of the magic is returned, I am spoiled with gifts and treats that I would never have thought about, the children are in an excited daze and every ones face carries a large smile. So I saviour it all, enjoying the sounds of the little one's laughing and playing. Yet still the women carry on, disappearing into the kitchen at regular intervals never taking a seat until dinner is served, displayed and tasting like a feast for royalty. Ladies; you are nothing short of wonderful and I say once more, "Thank you all, I really enjoyed the day" I know that without you Christmas would soon become just another day. XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment