Friday 11 December 2009

Well and truly "dug in"

I am sitting here, looking across the frosted landscape which is shrouded in fog, there are few, if any, signs of life. On the dash board are two brightly flickering church candles and there is a silence, a silence the likes of which, only seems to be present during the winter months and yet there is an air of cosiness. It could be because I have the heating turned up high, it could also be the security of familiar surroundings, but I think, that it is much more to do with the fact that we are well and truly "dug in". The awning is pitched, giving us a larger than normal living space, the bird feeders are in place for premium viewing and I have a strong feeling of contentment. It is our intention, to stay here now for a few weeks and so avoid much of the seasonal panic and anxiety. I do love this life.

No comments:

Post a Comment